UL Standards Information
UL is the abbreviation of “Underwriters Laboratories Inc.” which is a non-profit organization founded in 1894 in the Unites States, being supported by the U.S. Fire Insurance Association for “testing for public safety.”
This company provides safety maintenance services through research, examination, inspection, certification, follow-up of products, such as electric equipment, fire protection products, gas / oil / chemical products, anti-theft products, etc., in order to protect human life and assets from defective products with risks of causing fire, electrical shocks, thefts and other accidents.
Products certified through their examination are allowed to be applied with acceptance labels issued by the main office of UL. Safety of these certified products is highly valued in the United States. This is the reason why insurance companies, agencies of the federal / state / municipal government, manufacturers, building contractors, etc. strongly require compatibility with the UL standards as a condition for procurement.
Therefore, the products to be shipped to the United States must acquire the UL certification.
UL: UL JAPAN, Inc.
Details of UL Acceptance Labels
1.Application of UL acceptance labels to products
UL acceptance labels are the certificate for UL certified products. In fact, the labels are applied to products for delivery in accordance with production amounts.
We attach dedicated shipping tags for each strip length to our UL certified products.
2.Handling of UL acceptance labels
Since UL acceptance labels are evidence which proves the certification authorities accept the compatibility of the products with the UL standards, please be very careful with the following points:
(1) Carefully store the acceptance labels until completion of witnessed examination of electric equipment which use electric wires.
(2) No acceptance labels can be re-issued for our shipped products.
(3) The acceptance labels cannot be applied to other products (than the UL compatible products).
(4) Refer to the right figure for the acceptance labels.
Display of UL certified electric wires
1.Contents of display
(1) Product classification component marks based on the UL standards ,
(2) UL Style numbers
(3) Manufacturer’s names followed by authorization numbers: SANYO DENKO E162795
(4) Rated temperatures and voltage based on the UL standards
Note) However, these may be omitted for the products for which the UL standards do not require the display.
(5) VW-1, FT-1 for the products which are accepted in frame resistance examination.
(6) Conductor size: AWG size
(7) Others: If the standards are revised, other numbers are displayed.
Acquisition List of the UL Standards
|Rated temperature||Rated voltage||Style No.|
|60℃||none||2490 2493 2660 2786|
|30V||2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2448|
|2560 2704 2709 2725 2726 2789|
|2835 2844 2993 2994 20095|
|300V||1107 2598 2785|
|80℃||none||1533 2343 2344 2345 2346 2547|
|30V||2502 2532 2626 2841 2842|
|2844 2969 2990 20276|
|150V||2576 2934 2936 2961|
|300V||1007 1095 1061 1185 2095|
|2096 2097 2405 2464 2655 2935|
|600V||2463 2570 2656|
|600V||2550 2587 2653|
|105℃||30V||2574 2589 2614 2991 2992 20002|
|300V||2103 2517 2661|
|600V||1015 2501 2516 2586 2662|
Note) The style numbers can be selected depending on rated temperature, rated voltage and applications (special internal / external equipment, etc.).